On January 7, 2022 the Public Health Officer issued this Public Health Directive on Face Coverings.
Click here for a downloadable PDF of this sign.
For some Mask Basics -- effective types, tips on wearing, masks for kids, etc. -- click here.
Regional COVID-19 Dashboard (January 18, 2022)
FREE COVID-19 VACCINES & BOOSTERS
DAILY WALK-IN VACCINATION CLINIC IN ROCHESTER: Spaulding Common, 306 Main Street. Hours: 10am-7pm weekdays, 9-2 on Saturdays, closed on Sundays.
COVID-19 VACCINATIONS are available through at hospitals and local pharmacy same-day sites, to find the closest one, click here.
For CDC information about the COVID-19 vaccine, including "Key Things to Know," click here.
For CDC information about booster vaccinations, approved for all three vaccines, and who is eligible, click here.
The CDC updated their guidance on isolation, quarantine and testing on December 27, 2021 -- and NH DHHS agrees -- with the following recommendations:
STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
Information from Governor Sununu:
Information from the NH Department of Health and Human Services:
- Guidance for Vaccinated People and Masking, click here.
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID vaccination, click here.
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19, click here.
- Where to get tested, click here.
- Walk-in vaccination locations, click here.
- How to quarantine, click here.
- NH DHHS Interactive Dashboard, click here.
- Employer Travel, Screening and Quarantine (updated May 7, 2021), click here.
For rent and mortgage relief assistance: the New Hampshire Housing Relief Program, an initiative designed to keep people from losing their housing and to secure or maintain permanent housing in partnership with the Community Action Partnership for NH (CAPNH) is now accepting applications. To contact CAPNH, call 2-1-1 from any NH phone or click here.
CITY OF PORTSMOUTH
- Health Department information on COVID-19, click here.
- Frequently Asked Questions on Masks, click here. Updated January 11, 2022
- Frequently Asked Questions on Testing, click here. Updated January 12, 2022
- Frequently Asked Questions on Daily Life During the Pandemic, click here. Updated December 28, 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions on Ventilation, click here. Updated July 9, 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions on Vaccination, click here. Updated January 19, 2022
- List of Walk-In Vaccination Sites, click here.
- Backgrounder on the Development of the COVID-19 Vaccines, click here. October 8, 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions "After COVID-19, now what?," click here.
- Frequently Asked Questions "I've been vaccinated, now what?" click here. Updated November 3, 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19 Treatments for those recently diagnosed, click here. Updated December 16, 2021
- Frequently Asked Questions about Kids and COVID, click here. Updated January 6, 2022
- City Newsletter, click here.
- Sign up for City Newsletter, click here.
- Economic Development Department resources for business, click here
- Assistance Resources, click here.
- Blue Ribbon Committees to Reopen Portsmouth 2021 & On Health, click here.
- Blue Ribbon Committee on Arts and Nonprofits, click here.
City Hall services are best managed by appointment or online. Masks are requested inside all City buildings.
Online and by-phone services include:
- Paying bills: Use the City's online services to pay water bills, taxes, fees, fines; secure permits, etc. Payments can be mailed or dropped in the drop-box in the City Hall parking lot. OR Call (844) 850-9185 to pay your water/sewer or property tax bills using Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Account number required. ($1.50 IVR fee, plus any credit card fees if paying by credit card.)
- For licenses, birth and death certificates and other vital records, click here. Call or email the City Clerk at 603-610-7245 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- City residents can renew their registrations online here. For new registrations, call 603-610-7244 or email email@example.com NH DMV services are by-appointment only.
- Portsmouth Fire Department is processing burn permits online.
- Planning Department: For information about land use applications and submission deadlines click here.
- City board, commission and committee meetings are conducted in person and via Zoom. Check the City calendar for details.
- Portsmouth Public Library: For details on all of the services offered by the Library and how to access them, click here.