Governor Chris Sununu issued the "Stay At Home 2.0" order for NH citizens, extended through June 15, 2020.
For the Governor's Order 17, issued on March 26, 2020 defining the Stay-At-Home declaration, click here.
For Governor's Order 17, Exhibit A, listing businesses deemed "essential," click here.
For a list of and links to all of the Governor's Executive Orders (as of May 29, 2020), click here.
City of Portsmouth
For the resources listed in the Daily Advisory, click here.
For health-related information, click here.
For food-related services and resources, click here.
For business- and employee-related information, click here.
For the City Manager's Daily Advisory (and archive), click here.
To sign up to receive the Daily Advisory (community e-newsletter), click here.
City Service assistance is now being offered online, not in person.All municipal buildings and facilities, schools and the Portsmouth Public Library remain closed to the public, reopening June 1, 2020. City services are staffed Monday through Friday, according to staggered work schedules to minimize the number of people in the same place at the same time. Online and by-phone services include:
- Applying for Elderly/Disabled/Solar abatements? Click here for the latest update on new and renewed applications.
- Paying bills while City Hall is closed to the public. Use the City's online services to pay water bills, taxes, fees, fines; secure permits, etc. Payments can be mailed or dropped in the drop-box in the City Hall parking lot. OR Call (844) 850-9185 to pay your water/sewer or property tax bills using Interactive Voice Response (IVR). Account number required. ($1.50 IVR fee, plus any credit card fees if paying by credit card.)
- For licenses, birth and death certificates and other vital records, click here. Call or email the City Clerk at 603-610-7245 or email@example.com
- NH DMV has extended the expiration date for temporary motor vehicle plates and licenses. All temporary plates issued after March 1. 2020 are now valid through May 30, 2020. City residents can renew their registrations online here. State drivers' licenses and ID cards set to expire can be extended by phone for 6 months. Call 603-227-4020 to pay for and complete the extension. For new registrations, the Tax Collector is making appointments while City Hall is closed to the public. Call 603-610-7244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay Water & Sewer bills online here. The City has suspended all disconnect orders and/or late fees. Contact the City directly here if you’re having difficulty meeting a bill deadline.
- Portsmouth Fire Department is processing burn permits online. If you have a Class 1 or 2 permit (backyard, etc.) the permit expiration is extended to July 1, 2020.
- Building Inspections continue by video for unoccupied and exteriors of buildings.
- Planning Department: For information about land use applications and submission deadlines click here.
- City board, commission and committee meetings are scheduled remotely.
- Portsmouth Public Library: For details on all of the on-line services offered by the Library and how to access them, click here.
- Click here for more details.
Keep looking out for each other! Our social-distancing efforts -- including avoiding benches and other gathering spots -- seem to be helping, so far. PLEASE continue as we do our part to flatten the curve.