THE POLLING HOURS FOR THE NOVEMBER 7, 2023 MUNICIPAL ELECTION WILL BE 8:00 AM TO 7:00 P.M. AS SET BY THE PORTSMOUTH CITY COUNCIL SEPTEMBER 18, 2023.
Ward One - New Franklin School -1 Franklin Drive
- Off Woodbury Avenue, between Anchorage Inn and Howard Johnson Hotel
Ward Two-Portsmouth Middle School -(Connie Bean Gymnasium Entrance)- 155 Parrott Avenue
- Between the Library and Court House
Ward Three - Portsmouth Senior Activity Center- 125 Cottage Street
Ward Four - Dondero Elementary School - 32 Van Buren Avenue (from Lafayette Road, take McKinley Road)
Ward Five - Little Harbour School - 50 Clough Drive (off of South Street)
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE
When determining the qualifications of an applicant, the supervisors of the checklist, or the town or city clerk, shall require the applicant to present proof of citizenship, age, and domicile, as provided in the following categories:
The supervisors of the checklist, or the town or city clerk, shall accept from the applicant any one of the following as proof of citizenship: the applicant's birth certificate, a passport, naturalization papers if the applicant is a naturalized citizen, a citizenship affidavit, or any other reasonable documentation which indicates the applicant is a United States citizen.
Any reasonable documentation indicating the applicant is 18 years of age or older.
Alternate Options (other than above)
- You may register on Election Day.
- You may register to vote in the City Clerk's Office during regular business hours.
- If you meet the state's voter requirements and qualifications and are unable to register in person because of physical disability, military service, or because of temporary absence, you may register by mail. You should request an Absentee Registration Affidavit and a Voter Registration Card from the City Clerk. The Absentee Registration Affidavit must be witnessed and then both the affidavit and the voter registration card are to be returned to the City Clerk.
Board of Registrars
|Registrar At-Large||Barbara Ward||16 Nixon Park||603 436-6142|
|Ward One||Penny Reynolds||21 Prospect St.||603 430-1233|
|Ward Two||Candace Thayer||175 Cabot St.||603 431-2410|
|Ward Three||Angelynne Hinson||1180 Islington St.||email@example.com|
|Ward Four||Marcia Main||4 Cleveland Dr.||603 433-8843|
|Ward Five||Laura Spelke||579 Sagamore Ave, #87||603 436-1626|
|Registrar Clerk||Arthur Parrott||190 Grant Ave.||603 436-9256|
STATE SENATE AND STATE REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICTS
State Senate District - effective June 1, 2022
- District 21: New Castle, Newfields, Newington, Newmarket, and Portsmouth
State Representative Districts - effective June 1, 2022
- District 21 - Consists of Portsmouth Ward 1 and Newington only
- District 22 - Consists of Portsmouth Ward 5 and New Castle only
- District 26 - Consists of Portsmouth Ward 3 only
- District 27 - Consists of Portsmouth Ward 4 only
- District 28 - Consists of Portsmouth Ward 2 only
- District 37 - Consists of Portsmouth Wards 1 and 5, New Castle and Newington
- District 39 - Floterial with Portsmouth Wards 2, 3 and 4
Click here to view NH State Representatives listing (representing former districts)