Portsmouth Municipal Election: November 7. 2023
Presidential Primary: September 10, 2024
Presidential General Election: November 5, 2024
Several voter registration sessions will take place this fall.
September 11, 4 to 5:30 pm at Portsmouth Housing Authority Margeson Apartments.
September 30, 8 am to 12 noon at Portsmouth Farmers Market, City Hall Parking Lot.
October 4, 11 am to 12:30 pm at Portsmouth Public Library, 75 Parrott Avenue.
October 24, 4 to 5:30 pm at Portsmouth Public Library, 75 Parrott Avenue
There will be a presentation on how Municipal Elections work the Citywide Neighborhood Committee Meeting on October 19.
More information: portsnh.co/votinginfo.
- How do I register to vote? Find out everything you need to know from the NH Secretary of State or the City Clerk. NH does not allow online voter registration, but you can register at the poll on election day, or at your town hall before the registration deadline. The last day to register to vote prior to the Municipal Election is October 28 from 12:00 - 2:00 pm in City Hall Room 211, Board of Registrars.
- Where do I go to vote? Look up your polling pace on the Polling Place/Sample Ballot Search from the Secretary of State. You can also use the Street List from the CIty Clerk to find your Ward, and look up the voting location here.
- Can I vote with an absentee ballot? Yes! The form is available from the City Clerk or the Secretary of State website.
- Where can I view Sample Ballots? On the City Clerk's office website. Sample ballots will be available for all Wards and both parties.
- What are the hours for my polling location? In Portsmouth, polling places will be open 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
- What kind of voter ID do I need? A list of valid photo ID is available here. If you cannot obtain ID, you may also sign an affidavit at the poll.
Information on voting rights & laws