State Primary Election: September 10, 2024
General Election: November 5, 2024
- How do I register to vote? Find out everything you need to know from the NH Secretary of State or the City Clerk. NH does not allow online voter registration, but you can register at the poll on election day, or at your town hall before the registration deadline. The last day to register to vote prior to the January 23, 2024 Presidential Primary Election will be Tuesday, January 16, 2024 at the City Clerk's Office during regular hours 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Where do I go to vote? Look up your polling pace on the Polling Place/Sample Ballot Search from the Secretary of State. You can also use the Street List from the CIty Clerk to find your Ward, and look up the voting location here.
- Can I vote with an absentee ballot? Yes! The form is available from the City Clerk or the Secretary of State website.
- Where can I view Sample Ballots? On the City Clerk's office website. Sample ballots will be available for all Wards and both parties.
- What are the hours for my polling location? In Portsmouth, polling places will be open 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM.
- What kind of voter ID do I need? A list of valid photo ID is available here. If you cannot obtain ID, you may also sign an affidavit at the poll.
Information on voting rights & laws