What is interlibrary loan?
Interlibrary Loan is a service we offer to card holders of the Portsmouth Public Library. If there is an item (book, DVD, audiobook, etc.) that we don’t have in our collection, we can try to borrow it from another library in the state. Items can also be borrowed from NH college libraries (Dartmouth, UNH, etc.) Items published in the last 6 months cannot be borrowed via interlibrary loan.
If you haven't used the online system, instructions are below.
What types of items can I borrow through ILL?
- Books and music on audio tape and CD
- Articles from magazines or journals
What can't be borrowed through ILL?
- New items published in the last 6 months
- Reference materials
- Full magazines and newspapers
- Video games
- Materials that are already in our collection, unless missing or very overdue
How long does it take to get the item?
It depends. If the item is available in-state we might get it inside of a week. Rarer items that are farther away take longer.
Are there any fees involved?
If you are willing to pay a $15 flat fee for shipping, we can request the book from out-of-state libraries. If the cost is over the $15 amount, we will contact you to verify if you are willing to pay more. If you do not select the option to pay a shipping fee, we will only search in-state which does not require payment of any kind.
How many items may you request at a time?
Five items per week.
How do you use the online system to submit an ILL request?
- Visit https://nhais.agshareit.com
- Login (Select Portsmouth Public Library from the drop down menu, enter your library card number and password, and click Submit).
- Search for an item, click on the cover of the item you would like, then click Request this item on the left. Although all items allow you to click the Request button, some items cannot be borrowed via ILL, such as books published within the last 6 months.
- Verify your contact information and click Submit.
- Your request will be submitted to a lending library and we will notify you when it arrives. You can track the progress of the loan in Your Account.
To learn more about how to place a request, please watch this video tutorial, Patron Initiated ILL Requests, or visit the library to have a staff member assist you.
Contact us through our online form, or call the Reference desk at 766-1720.