New Hampshire State Documents
As part of the State Depository Library Program, we maintain a collection of publications from various state agencies, and provide access to the public. For assistance, please ask at the Reference desk, call us at 603-766-1720, or fill out our contact form.
The State Depository Library Program was established in 1973 by the state legislature to ensure that the public has access to its Government's information. The New Hampshire State Library receives 25 copies of all state publications from the agencies as part of this program, which it then distributes to designated depository libraries throughout the state. Each library provides local access to government information in all formats as part of the reference and information services provided to the public. The law on the distribution of public documents can be found here: RSA Chapter 202-B.
The NH State Government Digital Document Depository includes a collection of documents electronically produced or digitally scanned by New Hampshire's state agencies. The State Library maintains a database of monthly shipping lists for physical documents.
State documents are kept for a minimum of 5 years, with some being kept longer. The library has an index book that reference librarians can help you search, or you can check the State Library's page of monthly shipping lists.
Online Resources From Various State Agencies
- NH Digital Library
- NH State Agencies
- NH General Court – Portal to the NH State Legislature
- NH Bills Status Search
- NH Session Laws via NH Bills Status Search
- NH Revised Statutes
- NH Agency Administrative Rules
- NH Rulemaking Register
- NH Senate Calendar & Journals
- NH House Calendar & Journals
- NH Office of Legislative Budget Assistant
- NH Division of Family Assistance Publications (Family, Adult, Medical Assistance Manuals, Food Stamp Manual, etc.)
- NH Employment Security Publications & Statistics (Occupational Employment & Wages, Job Outlook and Locator, Licensed, Certified & Registered Occupations, Local area unemployment statistics report, etc.)
- NH Department of Environmental Services Publications
- NH Fish and Game Publications
- NH Administrative Services’ Bureau of Financial Reports
- NH Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food Publications
- NH Department of Transportation Publications
- NH Liquor Commission Publications & Liquor and Wine Outlets’ Celebrate NH Magazine
There are seven libraries in NH that are Federal Document Depositories, with the closest being Dimond Library at UNH in Durham.
The Government Publishing Office maintains a user friendly Government Information database as well as a Catalog of U.S. Government Publications. Visit Government Book Talk for an in-depth look at some of the Government Printing Office's most popular publications.
Online Resources From Various Federal Agencies