Computers & Wifi
Public computers and Internet access
Free Wifi is available throughout the library, for use with personal laptops and devices.
On the second floor near the Reference Desk, there are 15 public computers which can be used with either a library card or a guest pass from the Reference Desk. These computers have internet access and a full suite of Microsoft Office applications.
- Two computer are dedicated to project production with flatbed scanners.
- Two computers are dedicated to microfilm use with digital microfilm readers.
The Youth Services area has 10 computers for public use.
- Puiblic computers automatically shut down 15 minutes before library closing
- Wifi is always on and available outside of the building and in the parking lot.
Other Technology Resources
- The library has two photocopiers, one on each floor.
- The library has two digital microfilm readers attached to computers. Selections can be printed, saved, or emailed.
Public Fax Machine (OUTGOING FAXES ONLY)
- The public fax machine is located in the "Printing/Copying" room on the second floor. The cost for faxing within the United States is $1.75 for the first page, and $1 for each additional page. Payment can be made by credit card or or by puchasing a FAX card at the Reference Desk.
- The scanner can be used to create image files or PDFs of documents and photographs. Those images can be saved, edited, printed, and emailed.
- The library has one electric typewriter in the print/copy room on the second floor. It is available for use upon request.
Electronic magnifier for the visually impaired
- The library has an Optelec Clearview+ with 22" monitor and standard arm. It is simple to use, and our librarians are happy to help you get started! Watch a video overview of the Optelec Clearview or read the full manual.
During tax season, mid-January to mid-April, the Reference Department makes available copies of the most-requested Federal forms and schedules, as well as basic packages of New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts forms. Throughout the year, the Reference Department keeps back-up originals of Federal forms for past years and can assist tax payers in downloading forms from the IRS website.
Community bulletin board for local events
We post announcements of events for thirty days. Posters, signs, flyers, and other items for the bulletin board should be left with Library staff to be initialed and posted. We will put up notices for any kind of event as long as it has a specific date.
Flyers, brochures, and other informational items in quantity may also be left with Library staff, and we will display materials of interest in the information kiosk near the bulletin board as space becomes available, or in the Reference area if appropriate.