Computers & Wifi
Public computers and Internet access
- Free Wifi is available throughout the library, for use with personal laptops and devices. There is no password required, and wifi extends into the parking lot.
- On the second floor near the Reference Desk, there are 15 public computers which can be used with either a library card or a guest pass from the Reference Desk. These computers have internet access and a full suite of Microsoft Office applications.
- Two computer have flatbed scanners for scanning documents, which can then be emailed, saved, or printed.
- Two computers are dedicated to microfilm use with digital microfilm readers.
- The Youth Services area has 10 computers for youth patrons.
- Public computers automatically shut down 15 minutes before the library closes.
- Wifi is always on and available outside of the building and into the parking lot. The network is named _Public_Library and there is no password required.
- Library computers can all print to the black and white and color public printers.
- Printing costs $.10 per page for black and white, and $.25 per page for color.
- To print from the public computers:
- Follow normal printing steps, then press Send on the box that pops up.
- Bring your library card or guest pass to the Printing / Copying room, and log in to the computer labeled Central Printing.
- Select your document(s), insert money into the change machine, and click the Print button.
- Wireless printing is also available if you would like to print from your laptop or mobile device.
- The library has two black and white photocopiers, one on each floor. Photocopying is $.15 per page.
- The library has two digital microfilm readers attached to computers. Selections can be printed, saved, or emailed. Ask at the Reference Desk to get started!
Public Fax Machine (OUTGOING FAXES ONLY)
- The public fax machine is located in the "Printing/Copying" room on the second floor. The cost for faxing within the United States is $1.75 for the first page, and $1 for each additional page. Payment can be made by credit card or or by purchasing a FAX card at the Reference Desk.
- The machine will print a receipt after faxing. If it says OK, the fax went through. If it does not go through, you will not be charged.
- The library's two scanners can be used to create image files or PDFs of documents and photographs. The files can then be saved, edited, printed, and emailed.
- The library has one electric typewriter in the print/copy room on the second floor. It is available for use on a first come, first serve basis, and paper is not provided.
Electronic magnifier for the visually impaired
- The library has an Optelec Clearview+ with 22" monitor and standard arm. It is simple to use, and our librarians are happy to help you get started! Watch a video overview of the Optelec Clearview or read the full manual.
During tax season, mid-January to mid-April, the Reference Department has copies of the most requested Federal forms and schedules, as well as basic packages of New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts forms. Throughout the year, the Reference Department keeps back up originals of Federal forms for past years and can assist tax payers in downloading forms from the IRS website. Tax Aid is available at the Senior Center during the dates listed.
Community Bulletin Boards
- Local Events: Located downstairs, announcements of events are posted for up to thirty days. Posters, signs, flyers, and other items for the bulletin board should be left with Library staff to be initialed and posted. We will put up notices for any kind of event as long as it has a specific date.
- Information Kiosk: Downstairs near the entrance, we will display materials of interest in the information kiosk near the bulletin board as space becomes available. Flyers, brochures, and other informational items in quantity may also be left with Library staff.
- Local Services: Located upstairs, this board displays flyers and brochures for community services such as veteran's health care, domestic violence resources, and food pantries.
- Job Board: Located upstairs, this board includes resources for education, employment, and job skills, as well as flyers from employers who are looking to hire.