The New York Times
The library provides free online access to the New York Times and its International edition. All you need is an Internet connection and your library card! PPL cardholders can now enjoy 72 hours of free access!
For access while at the library
- Go to NYTimes.com/register and create your own free NYTimes account, or just log in to your account if you already have one.
- That’s it. Once you’re logged in, you’ll have unlimited access to NYTimes website content while at the library.
- This works on our computers and our wifi network - if you are using our wifi, you do not need to use the offsite access link.
For offsite access
- Go to NYTimes.com/register and create your own free NYTimes account, if you haven't already.
- Go to https://portsmouthnh.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://wordpress.portsmouthexhibits.org/newyorktimes/. Do not use this link if you still have an active code, because the new code will not work until your previous one has expired. Instead, go right to the New York Times login page.
- If prompted, enter your Portsmouth Public Library barcode (card number) and password (in our new system, the default is the last 4 digits of your phone number. Please call 603-427-1540 if you need assistance.) Then click the link for complimentary access.
- Log into your account with your NYTimes username and password.