July 16, 2020
Library staff will keep this page updated as our services change.
The library building remains closed to anyone without an appointment. At this time, no member of the public can be allowed to browse the shelves. We will update our website, email newsletter, and social media channels whenever we enter a new phase of library services.
PPL is committed to keeping you entertained and informed. Here are just some of the great resources we offer online! They are all FREE to anyone with a library card.
- Hoopla – Download/stream music, movies, ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
- Overdrive Libby – Download ebooks and audiobooks
- Kanopy - Stream films, Great Courses content, and children's programming
- RBDigital – Download magazines
- New York Times – Online access to the New York Times
- EBSCOhost – Search for articles from journals and magazines
- Portsmouth Exhibits – View our digitized local history collections
- Lynda.com – Learn computer, business, and technical skills
- Learning Express – Learn job search and workplace skills improvement, skill building in reading, writing, math, and basic science, career certification and licensure exam prep, college and grad school entrance test prep, GED® test prep, and more.
- Mango Languages – Learn a new language, including English as a second language
- Creativebug – Arts and Crafts classes for all skill levels. Class topics include: Art and Design, Knitting and Crochet, Sewing and Quilting, Papercrafts, Jewelry Making, Food and Home Decor, Holiday and Party Ideas, and Crafts for Kids
- Tumblebooks - Stream ebooks, audiobook, and more
- Genealogy Resources – Heritage Quest, Fold3, Newspapers.com, and more!
And check out our list of other resources available to you:
In addition, our Summer Reading Program is open to all ages, including adults, and can be completed online - sign up through Beanstack, and win prizes!
We are monitoring phones, email and are available by chat! If you have questions about your account or need help accessing library services or programs, please contact us at 603-427-1540 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit our Staff Contact page to chat with us!
Our director, Steve Butzel, communicates daily with the City’s Health Officer and City Manager to remain up to date on any changing conditions or City policies. We will keep you informed with regular updates, so please do check back here. It is our hope that these steps will help contribute to the sustained good health of our community and will offer some assurance during this distressing time.