COVID-19 Resources and Information
Share your experiences during the pandemic by contributing to our Portsmouth Community Diary!
COVID-19 Medical Information
The City's Health Department has created a comprehensive page with medical information, employment issues, and more.
- Portsmouth Vaccination FAQs
- Portsmouth Mask Ordinance FAQs
- Portsmouth Testing FAQs
- COVID-19 & Mask Facts
- Ventilation FAQs
- Daily Life During the Pandemic FAQs
You can also sign up for the City's regular advisory newsletter!
Here are some other good state & national sources of information:
- CDC vaccination information
- WHO vaccination information
- FDA COVID-19 Vaccines
- NH DHHS Coronavirus page
- The Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus page
- Coronavirus.gov - simple information from the CDC
- NIAID's Coronaviruses page
- The World Health Organization coronavirus page
- WHO Coronavirus FAQ
- COVID-19 Information Portal from EBSCO
- Harvard School of Health Food safety, nutrition, and wellness during COVID-19
- Ready.gov - how to prepare for disasters & emergencies
Local, State, & National Resources
Regular updates from Portsmouth's City Manager
Check the City's Coronavirus Preparedness Page for many more resources
- Emergency Orders related to COVID-19 from Governor Sununu
- NH COVID-19 Press Releases & Updates
- NH Dept. of Health & Human Services links:
- NH Legal Assistance COVID-19 Guidelines
- Includes information on unemployment, social security, utilities, food stamps, domestic violence, housing, and senior law.
- Unemployment Resources for NH Residents
- Emergency order for access to unemployment benefits for those laid off or with reduced hours due to COVID-19
- Individuals will need to file for each week of temporary unemployment and all of this can and should be done online at www.nhes.nh.gov, or by calling 603-271-7700.
- Work Ready NH is a free online course designed to meet the needs of job seekers and career builders by providing training in specific skills that employers are looking for
- NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund
- Granite State Organizing info on evictions and foreclosures in NH during the State of Emergency
- ConventientMD is offering virtual urgent care
- NH Humanities CARE Act page
- StayConnectedNH.org provides information about scams and financial exploitation, which target the elderly in particular.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- CARES Act - direct economic assistance
- Emergency Broadband Benefit The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Information on the CDC Eviction Ban
- CDC Resources for Businesses & Employers
- US Department of State Travel Advisories
- CDC Guidelines for School Settings
- Federal Trade Commission's advice for consumers
Free Art & Culture & Other Activities Online
Many organizations are offering free access to content right now, and many others do year round! If you or your children could use a source beauty, inspiration, and respite, this is a good place to start.
- The Center for Wildlife morning meetings with ambassadors daily at 10
- Nightly Metropolitan Opera streams
- The Berlin Philharmonic's Digital Concert Hall
- More classical music & opera livestreams
- Zoo & aquarium livestreams
- Google Arts & Culture Virtual Museum Tours
- Video tour of Russia's Hermitage Museum
- The British Museum of London
- Rembrandt and Portraiture at Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza in Madrid
- Virtual tours of US National Parks
- Help researchers fight COVID-19 with Folding@home
- Help transcribe the Casey Family Papers from home
- Help with Library of Congress transcription projects
- Help complete Billion Graves transcription efforts
- More transcribe from home opportunities
- Ivy league courses to take from home
- Internet Archive
Check out our Youth Services Page for Online Resources for Home Fun and Remote Learning
Online Library Services
PPL is committed to keeping you entertained and informed throughout this difficult time. Here are just some of the great resources we offer online:
- Hoopla – Download/stream music, movies, ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
- Overdrive – Download ebooks, audiobooks, and magazines
- New York Times – Online access to the New York Times
- EBSCOhost – Search for articles from journals and magazines
- Portsmouth Exhibits – View our digitized local history collections
- LinkedIn Learning/Lynda.com – Learn computer, business, and technical skills
- Learning Express – Learn job search and workplace skills improvement, skill building in reading, writing, math, and basic science, career certification and licensure exam prep, college and grad school entrance test prep, GED® test prep, and more.
- Creativebug – Arts and Crafts classes for all skill levels. Class topics include: Art and Design, Knitting and Crochet, Sewing and Quilting, Papercrafts, Jewelry Making, Food and Home Decor, Holiday and Party Ideas, and Crafts for Kids
- Genealogy Resources – Heritage Quest, Fold3, Newspapers.com, and more!
- Salem Press/Grey House - Online reference collection of books on literature and history. Includes Pandemics: the Invisible Enemy, which covers pandemics from the Black Plague to COVID-19. Instructional video here