COVID-19 Resources and Information
COVID-19 Medical Information
The City's Health Deparment has created a comprehensive page with medical information, employment issues, and more.
Here are some other good sources of information:
- NH DHHS Coronavirus page
- The Centers for Disease Control Coronavirus page
- Coronavirus.gov - simple information from the CDC
- NIAID's Coronaviruses page
- CDC handwashing video
- CDC cleaning & disinfecting guide
- The World Health Organization coronavirus page
- WHO Coronavirus FAQ
- COVID-19 Information Portal from EBSCO
- Gale COVID-19 Access - scroll down for ebooks
- Harvard School of Health Food safety, nutrition, and wellness during COVID-19
- Ready.gov - how to prepare for disasters & emergencies
Local, State, & National Resources
- Portsmouth grocery & pharmacy resources
- Check the City's Coronavirus Preparedness Page for many more resources
- Seacoast mental health resources
- Governor Sununu issues Stay at Home order effective 3/27 - 5/4
- NH COVID-19 Press Releases & Updates
- NH Legal Assistance COVID-19 Guidelines
- Includes information on unemployment, social security, utilities, food stamps, domestic violence, housing, and senior law.
- Unemployment Resources for NH Residents
- Emergency order for access to unemployment benefits for those laid off or with reduced hours due to COVID-19
- Individuals will need to file for each week of temporary unemployment and all of this can and should be done online at www.nhes.nh.gov, or by calling 603-271-7700.
- Work Ready NH is a free online course designed to meet the needs of job seekers and career builders by providing training in specific skills that employers are looking for
- NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund
- Granite State Organizing info on evictions and foreclosures in NH during the State of Emergency
- Guidelines for absentee ballots in 2020 from the Secretary of State (PDF)
- Business & Industry Association of NH COVID-19 resources
- NH Humanities CARE Act page
- New Hampshire Department of Business and Economic Affairs resource page
- StayConnectedNH.org provides information about scams and financial exploitation, which target the elderly in particular.
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- CARES Act - direct economic assistance
- Income tax filing deadline extended to July 15, 2020
- CDC Resources for Businesses & Employers
- CDC Travel Guidelines
- US Department of State Travel Advisories
- CDC Guidelines for School Settings
- Federal Trade Commission's advice for consumers
- Comcast offering 2 free months of internet for new Internet Essentials customers
Free Art & Culture & Other Activities Online
Many organizations are offering free access to content right now, and many others do year round! If you or your children could use a source beauty, inspiration, and respite, this is a good place to start.
- The Center for Wildlife morning meetings with ambassadors daily at 10
- Nightly Metropolitan Opera streams
- The Berlin Philharmonic's Digital Concert Hall
- More classical music & opera livestreams
- Zoo & aquarium livestreams
- Google Arts & Culture Virtual Museum Tours
- Video tour of Russia's Hermitage Museum
- The British Museum of London
- Rembrandt and Portraiture at Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza in Madrid
- Virtual tours of US National Parks
- Help researchers fight COVID-19 with Folding@home
- Help transcribe the Casey Family Papers from home
- Help with Library of Congress transcription projects
- Help complete Billion Graves transcription efforts
- More transcribe from home opportunities
- Ivy league courses to take from home
- Internet Archive
Online Library Services
PPL is committed to keeping you entertained and informed throughout this difficult time. Here are just some of the great resources we offer online:
- Hoopla – Download/stream music, movies, ebooks, audiobooks, and comics
- Overdrive – Download ebooks and audiobooks
- RBDigital – Download magazines
- New York Times – Online access to the New York Times
- EBSCOhost – Search for articles from journals and magazines
- Portsmouth Exhibits – View our digitized local history collections
- Lynda.com – Learn computer, business, and technical skills
- Learning Express – Learn job search and workplace skills improvement, skill building in reading, writing, math, and basic science, career certification and licensure exam prep, college and grad school entrance test prep, GED® test prep, and more.
- Mango Languages – Learn a new language, including English as a second language
- Creativebug – Arts and Crafts classes for all skill levels. Class topics include: Art and Design, Knitting and Crochet, Sewing and Quilting, Papercrafts, Jewelry Making, Food and Home Decor, Holiday and Party Ideas, and Crafts for Kids
- Genealogy Resources – Heritage Quest, Fold3, Newspapers.com, and more!
- Salem Press/Grey House - Online reference collection of books on literature and history. Includes Pandemics: the Invisible Enemy, which covers pandemics from the Black Plague to COVID-19.
- Rosetta Stone – Get free access to Rosetta Stone through June 30, 2020. When you click on the link, you will be prompted to enter your email address and choose a password that is at least 6 characters in length and includes at least 1 number. You will also need to select your first language to learn.
- Tumblebooks – Accessible through August 31, 2020. Educational materials for children, plus audiobooks for kids, teens, and adults.