We are working on a number of initiatives to support the City's effort to become more bikable and walkable. Portsmouth is currently a Bronze Level Bike Friendly Community according to The League of American Cyclists. Check back here for updates on implementation of the Bicycle Pedestrian Plan, progress on Bicycling and Walking Friendly Communities designations, Safe Routes to School projects and programs, and other projects to improve our City's bicycle and pedestrian networks.
- Information about the City's bicycle corrals
- What is a "Sharrow"? Click here for information on the shared lane markings recently installed on Daniel, State, and Marcy Streets
- City's bicycle rack guidelines and bike rack locations
- Zagster Bike Share Program
- For the remainder of the 2018 season, new customers can enter the code "bikefriendlyportsmouth" in the Zagster app to get $10 off an annual membership. This is for new annual members and cannot be retroactively applied.
- The City of Portsmouth has partnered with Zagster to help aid economic growth, improve public health, boost civic pride, and raises quality of life. However, we can’t do it without the support of local partners. Sponsorship opportunities are available for local organizations to partner with Zagster to bring increase the number bike stations, and more! Please click here for more information.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Policies