Portsmouth is a Bike & Walk Friendly Community
Bronze Level Bike Friendly
Silver Level Walk Friendly
- Safe Routes to School Action Plan, February 2010
- According to the City’s Complete Streets Policy (adopted in October 2013), the City has committed to “approach every transportation improvement and project phase as an opportunity to create safer, more accessible streets for all users,” and to use the best and latest design standards available. Please click here for more information.
Information about other infrastructure projects that include Bicycle and Pedestrian components can be found on the Citywide Project web page.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan
- Complete Streets Design Guidelines
- Information about the City's bicycle corrals
- What is a "Sharrow"? Click here for information on the shared lane markings recently installed on Daniel, State, and Marcy Streets
- City's bicycle rack guidelines and bike rack locations
- 2019 Bicycle and Pedestrian Counts