Monthly public meetings with City staff, the Contractor and other officials involved in the project are typically held every third Wednesday each month at 11 a.m. in City Hall's Conference Room A to ensure that citizens are informed; these meetings are broadcasted and available on the City’s YouTube channel, with presentations and notes available at Wastewater Public Meetings.
THE COMING WEEK
Anticipated Construction Traffic Volume: High
This work this week will include, but not be limited to:
*10/1/18 – 12/16/18: First shift work beginning at 6 a.m. to complete carpentry work; no over length trucks will be picked up by police detail prior to 6:30 a.m. to be brought to the site for unloading at 7 a.m. Second shift (2:30 p.m. – 11 p.m.) work to occur to install pipe and fittings in the BAF Building pipe gallery.
- Install mechanical process piping and equipment in the Solids Building
- Continue construction of masonry in the Solids Building
- Install reinforcing steel and concrete for the Biologically Activated Filter (BAF) Building walls and elevated slabs
- Install mechanical process piping in the Biologically Activated Filter Building
- Continue mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and masonry activities in the Grit Building and Grit Chambers
- Install underground process piping throughout the site
- Export excavated materials off site
- Start Date: September 2016
- BAF Substantial Completion: December 2019
- Secondary Permit Compliance: April 2020
- Project Substantial Completion: May 2020
- Final Completion: August 2020
- Project Construction Costs:
- Design Engineer: AECOM
- General Contractor: Methuen Construction
- Design Flow: 6.1 MGD average
- New Treatment Processes:
- New Headworks
- Biologically aerated/anoxic filter (BAF) using the Kruger BioSTYR ™ technology for Secondary Treatment and Nitrogen Removal
- Rotary screw presses for solids dewatering
- Simplified Process Flow Schematic
NEWS & UPDATES
- 07/25/18 - Public Tour of the Peirce Island Wastewater Treatment Facility on Tuesday, July 24th
- 04/13/18 - Weekend work to continue periodically at Peirce Island Wastewater Treatment Facility
- 02/2/18 - Weekend work to begin at Peirce Island Wastewater Treatment Facility
- 06/28/17 - Overnight Work on Peirce Island Tonight, June 28th
- 06/1/17 - Upcoming Night Work on Peirce Island
- 05/4/17 - Sewer System Field Work Begins May 8, 2017
- 05/4/17 - Construction of Four Tree Island Parking Occurring Before Pool Season
- 04/28/17 - Revised Concrete Haul Route for Peirce Island Wastewater Treatment Facility Work
- 04/17/17 - Peirce Island WWTF Upgrade Quarterly Update to City Council
- Peirce Island Road Bridge Repairs Resumed 2/15/17
- Notification of SSO due to sewer main break 2/3/17
- 1/17/17 Aerial Video of Construction Site and Staging Areas
RECREATIONAL IMPACT ADVISORY
State Fish Pier: No restrictions – Open
Public Boat Launch: No restrictions. Open seasonally.
Four Tree Island Parking Lot: Open.
Four Tree Island : No restrictions - Open.
Off-leash Dog Area: Closed. No dogs allowed on Peirce Island from the bridge.
Peirce Island Outdoor Pool Access: Currently Unrestricted – Open seasonally.
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 11.21.2018November 21, 2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 11.21.2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility 10.17.2018October 17, 2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility 10.17.2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 9.19.2018September 19, 2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 9.19.2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 8.15.2018August 15, 2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 8.15.2018
Peirce Island Wastewater Treatment Facility Public Meeting 7.18.18July 18, 2018
Peirce Island Wastewater Treatment Facility Public Meeting 7.18.18