Commendations & Complaints
If you have a positive experience with a member of the Portsmouth Police Department, know of a job well done, or you want to compliment an officer, please let us know by emailing your comments to any or all of the following:
- Police Chief Robert Merner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Police Commission (Click here)
- The Department: email@example.com.
*IT IS THE POLICY OF THE PORTSMOUTH POLICE DEPARTMENT to receive and investigate all complaints against the Department or its members in a manner that will assure the public of prompt corrective action if Department members conduct themselves improperly.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT:
If you wish to make a complaint against a member of the Portsmouth Police Department, please:
- Contact Chief Merner: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Contact The Police Commission (Click here) : or
- Call the Police Department at (603) 610-7406 and ask to speak to the Shift Commander; or
- Come to Police Headquarters and ask to speak to the Shift Commander; or
- Mail your written complaint to the Chief of Police at the above address.
- Your Complaint will be thoroughly investigated.
- You may be requested to fill out a report form and submit a written statement.
- You will be kept apprised of the status of your complaint.
- At the completion of the investigation into your complaint, you will be notified of the results.