Requests for Fingerprinting
The Portsmouth Police Department only fingerprints residents of the City of Portsmouth, people who are employed by a business in the City of Portsmouth, or people seeking employment in the City of Portsmouth provided they have appropriate documentation.
Fingerprints are taken at the Portsmouth Police Station at 3 Junkins Ave every Saturday from 9AM - 12 noon.
If you have any further questions please call (603) 610-7412
Lost and Found
Any questions regarding "Lost and Found" in the Portsmouth area can be directed to Jim Gaskell, Property & Evidence Technician, Portsmouth Police Department at
Tel: (603) 610-7439
Register Your Bicycle
Registering your bike with the Portsmouth Police is a simple process.
- Bring your bike to the Portsmouth Police Department.
- See the Station Officer at the front entrance.
- Ask to have bike registered.
- Fill out the form the officer gives you and pay .50 cents to pay for the processing of your bike info into the Portsmouth Police Computers.
- Attach the numbered sticker you get from the Portsmouth Police to the frame of the bike near the rear deflector (make sure it goes on a part of the bike that cannot be removed like the frame).
The Portsmouth Police will enter the make, style, color, serial number and owner info, into the property computers. If your bike is lost, stolen or found, this registration can aid in the return of the bike back to the rightful owner.
EACH YEAR HUNDREDS OF BICYCLES ARE FOUND IN THE PORTSMOUTH AREA THAT WE CAN NOT RETURN TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER BECAUSE WE DO NOT KNOW WHO TO RETURN THE BIKE TO. PLEASE———-REGISTER YOUR BIKE
Requests for Patches
Because of the increased request for Police patches since the Sept. 11th tragedy, the Portsmouth Police Department will only accept requests for patches by Law Enforcement personnel on agency letterhead.