By state statute and the Portsmouth City Charter, the 3-member Police Commission is the policy making body of the Portsmouth, Police Department and provides civilian oversight to ensure:
- The safety and security of the citizens and guests of Portsmouth;
- The Police Department operates in an ethical manner;
- The goals and objectives of the department are accomplished;
- The department is operating in a manner that is responsible to the taxpayer; and,
- All department employees are accountable to the citizens of Portsmouth.
(For details on the Role & Authority and By-laws of the Commission, click on the two documents below)
To send an electronic message to an individual commissioner, click on the image or name of the commissioner below.
To send an electronic online request to all Police Commissioners, please click here.
To operate effectively, the Police Commission welcomes and needs feedback from the public, whether commendations, complaints, or other observations and concerns.
You can also call the Commissioners at (603) 610-7471, leave a message, along with your name and a telephone number, and the Commissioners shall return your call in a timely fashion.
Please note: The contents of the electronic online request will be subject to the right to know law and will be available for public viewing.