June 8, 2021
FREE CIVILIAN RESPONSE TO ACTIVE SHOOTER EVENTS (CRASE) VIRTUAL TRAINING:
WHEN: THURSDAY JUNE 17, 2021
TIME: 5:30PM-8:00PM (EASTERN)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: ADULTS AGES 18+.
WHERE: VIRTUAL EVENT
HOST: PORTSMOUTH, NH POLICE DEPARTMENT
In the ever changing world we live in, law enforcement’s response must constantly change with it. The Portsmouth Police Department not only understands the importance of training our personnel to be able to respond to emergency situations, but also providing civilians on how they can respond as well.
Since 2016 Portsmouth Police Civilian Response to Active Shooter Event (CRASE) instructors have been educating a variety of local businesses, houses of worship, schools, and residents on what to do if an active shooter event were to happen. We are still offering the free (in person) trainings, but this month we will offer our first CRASE online training event that is open to the public!
THIS IS NOT A TACTICAL TRAINING COURSE, AND IT IS RECOMMENDED FOR AGES 18 AND OLDER.
For those not familiar with the term “active shooter” it is defined as: an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and other populated area. In most cases, active shooters use firearms and there is no pattern or method to their selection of victims. Active shooter situations are unpredictable and evolve quickly.
This course is designed to help civilians anticipate and recognize an active shooter/active threat situation and respond appropriately and immediately if they are ever faced with one.
- History and prevalence of active shooter events.
- Human response to disasters and critical incidents.
- Civilian Response to an Active Shooter Event options.
- Law enforcement response, and what to do when LE arrive on the scene.
- Avoid, Deny, Defend Video.
- Question and Answer Session.
To register for this free online event please click on the link. Registration is free and participation based on a first come, first served basis with a limit of 100 participants. Portsmouth, NH residents will take precedence.
When: Jun 17, 2021 05:30 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Virtual CRASE Training
- You are required to register in advance to join the webinar over Zoom.
- To register for this meeting, click on the link below or copy and paste it into your web browser:
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. A unique meeting ID and password will be provided as well in the email.
For all other information regarding CRASE, and other safety trainings made available by the Portsmouth Police Department, please contact the Community Outreach Coordinator, Detective Rochelle Jones at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 610-7503.