Portsmouth High School’s core values of Excellence, Community, Commitment, and Leadership provide the cornerstones we strive for as a community of learners. With these core values firmly in place, Portsmouth High School graduates are well-positioned to take on challenges and opportunities in our global society. At Portsmouth High School we believe:
- Students are important and must be challenged in rigorous and relevant ways in order to reach their highest potential.
- Students will strive for excellence in an environment that fosters a strong sense of belonging and creates partnerships between students and adults.
- Students learn best when they explore and contribute to their own education.
- Students are able to achieve in a safe and caring environment where student success is celebrated.
- Students will become life-long learners when taught to think critically, to effectively analyze information, and to be respectful of others.
- Students should have exposure to a rich and broad program of studies, have learning experiences outside of the classroom, and have an understanding of an individual’s place in the global environment.
- Students at Portsmouth High School will meet or exceed the following 21st Century Learning Expectations in order to be college and career ready upon graduation:
- Communicate effectively
- Think Critically
- Utilize appropriate tools and information to solve problems
- Set personal and academic goals
- Approach challenges with creativity and innovation
- Work collaboratively
- Work independently
Engage in the classroom and the community