September 12, 2023
Portsmouth, New Hampshire – City Clerk Kelli Barnaby has scheduled several opportunities for residents to register to vote prior to the Municipal Election on Tuesday, November 7, 2023.
The filing period for the Municipal Election opened on August 28, 2023 and closes September 12, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
Voter Registration events for Portsmouth residents are scheduled for the following locations and times:
- Monday, September 11th, 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm at Portsmouth Housing Authority Margeson Apartments;
- Saturday, September 30th, 8:00 am to 12 noon at Portsmouth Farmers Market, City Hall, 1 Junkins Avenue;
- Wednesday, October 4th, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm at Portsmouth Public Library, 75 Parrott Avenue;
- Thursday, October 19th, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm at Citywide Neighborhood Committee meeting, City Hall Conference Room A, 1 Junkins Avenue for a Voter Registration Presentation; and
- Tuesday, October 24th, 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm at Portsmouth Public Library, 75 Parrott Avenue.
Prior to the November 7, 2023 Municipal Election, Portsmouth residents may register or make changes to their voter registration until Saturday, October 28, 2023 at City Hall. The Board of Registrars will be available from 12 noon until 2:00 pm on Saturday, October 28, 2023, in the City Hall lobby. The City Clerk’s office in City Hall (1 Junkins Avenue) will accept voter registration and changes through Friday, October 27, 2023 at 1:00 pm. For more information, contact the City Clerk’s Office at 603-610-7245 or 603-610-7208.
Absentee Ballot Applications for the Municipal Election will be available from the City Clerk’s Office after the filing period closes.
For more information on voting registration requirements and absentee ballot information visit the City Clerk “Voting Information” webpage: portsnh.co/votinginfo, or contact the City Clerk’s Office at 603-610-7245 or 603-610-7208.