Registration Procedures and Student Enrollment Forms
The forms listed below in PDF format are required to begin the registration process for new students at all Portsmouth School District schools. In addition, if your child will be registering at New Franklin School or Little Harbour School, please refer to your child's school web site for school-specific forms that may be needed to be filled out for your appointment. To speed up the registration process, you may print and complete these forms prior to your registration appointment. These forms are also available for you to pick-up at your child's school. All forms should be completed prior to your appointment.
1. Contact the appropriate school to set up a registration appointment at the school for you and your students(s).
|Dondero School||(603) 436-2231|
|Little Harbour School||(603) 436-1708|
|New Franklin School||(603) 436-0910|
|Portsmouth Middle School||(603) 436-5781|
|Portsmouth High School||(603) 436-7100 X2936 or X2922|
|Robert J. Lister Academy||(603) 427-2901|
- Birth Certificate.
- Current Immunization (student must be in compliance to start school).
- Proof of Residency in eligible town/city (i.e. lease agreement that is signed and covering the current school year, signed Purchase & Sale Agreement, current property tax bill, current utility bill).
- Name, address & telephone number of previous school.
- For High School: transcript, withdrawal grades, and current schedule.
- Copy of student's most recent report card.
- Copy of Current IEP or 504 Plan if applicable to your student.
- National and/or State Testing
3. During your registration appointment, you meet with the school/guidance secretary to make sure all appropriate forms are complete. Also, you will meet with a guidance counselor or school principal, and with the school nurse.
- Certificate of Residency Form
- Home Language Survey
- Technology Responsible Use Policy and Opt-Out Permission to Publish Form for Students, Employees and Volunteers
- Emergency Contact Form
- Children Information Form
- Household Information Form
- Health Form
- Bus Rider Agreement
- State Reporting Form
Kindergarten Registration & Screening for the
2018-2019 School Year
Little Harbour – Wednesday, April 18 and Thursday, April 19
Dondero – Monday, May 14 and Tuesday, May 15
New Franklin – Thursday, May 17 and Friday, May 18
How old should my child be to register for Kindergarten?
If your child will be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2018, they will be eligible to register for the 2018-2019 school year.
How do I begin the registration process?
Beginning March 5, 2018, please call your designated neighborhood elementary school to schedule a registration/screening appointment for your child.
- Dondero – Ms. Tracy Frolio (603) 436-2231
- New Franklin – Ms. Marge Achilles (603) 436-0910
- Little Harbour – Ms. Shirley O’Leary (603) 436-1708
What documents do I need to bring with me to register my child?
Please bring the following items with you for registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization record
- Documentation of recent physical exam
- Custody or guardianship papers, as applicable
- Proof of residency (example: utility bill, rental agreement, etc.)
- Complete Kindergarten Registration Packet*
*Parents are strongly encouraged to fill out complete Kindergarten registration packets prior to their appointment. Complete packets may be picked up at your child’s school or may be downloaded by clicking HERE.
How long does registration usually take?
During the registration process, your child will be individually screened in a number of developmental areas by school personnel. The screening will take 30 to 60 minutes, so make sure they have a snack and are well rested. Registering your child for kindergarten is extremely important in helping Portsmouth plan for the upcoming school year and the need(s) of the children who will be attending. We look forward to meeting our new kindergartners and families.
Please note you may refer to the Portsmouth School District Website to verify your elementary school assignment.