Notice of Non-discrimination
The City of Portsmouth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, national/ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender or disability in its programs, activities and employment practices. This statement is a reflection of the City of Portsmouth and refers to, but is not limited to, the provisions of the following laws:
- Titles IV, VI, and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 - race color, national origin
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) - disability
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) - disability
- NH Law against discrimination (RSA 354-A)
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and laws above.
How Do You File?
You may file a complaint by completing the Complaint Form .
The complaint form must be signed and mailed to:
Kimberly A. Cox
Human Resources Director
City of Portsmouth, NH 03801
Inquiries regarding Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and/or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 also, or instead, may be directed to:
Commission for Human Rights
2 Chenell Drive
Concord , NH 03301 -8501
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
1 Congress Street
Room 100Â 10th Floor
Boston , Mass 02114
Tel. (617) 565-3200