Notice of Non-discrimination
The City of Portsmouth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, national/ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or disability in its programs, activities and employment practices. This statement is a reflection of the City of Portsmouth and refers to, but is not limited to, the provisions of the following laws:
- Titles IV, VI, and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 - race color, national origin
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
- The Age Discrimination Act of 1975
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504) - disability
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) - disability
- NH Law against discrimination (RSA 354-A)
The following individual has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and laws above.
The City of Portsmouth Non-Discrimination and Harassment Policy may be downloaded by clicking here.
How Do You File?
You may file a complaint by completing the Complaint Form.
The complaint form must be signed and mailed to:
Human Resources Director
City of Portsmouth, NH 03801
Inquiries regarding Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and/or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 also, or instead, may be directed to:
Commission for Human Rights
2 Industrial Park Drive, Bldg. One
Concord, NH 03301
Tel. (603) 271-2767
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
John F. Kennedy Federal Building
475 Government Center
Boston, MA 02203
Tel. (800) 669-4000