DEPARTMENT: Public Works-Parking and Transportation
POSITION TITLE: Parking Attendant/Security Guard
CLASSIFICATION LEVEL: 2
SALARY RANGE: $15.69-17.28 / hour
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants for this position must have graduated from high school or have a graduate equivalent diploma (GED), previous work experience which demonstrates the ability to work in a positive manner with customers, have a valid driver’s license, and have no offenses which would prohibit or restrict bonding by any carrier or agent providing coverage to the City.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Working Hours will be:
9:30 PM-7:30 AM Wednesday-Saturday; or
10:00 PM-6:00 AM Sunday-Tuesday and 6:00 PM-2:00 AM Wednesday-Thursday.
1. Loads ticket dispensing machines. Maintains ticket control records. Checks machines for proper operation, and advises his/her supervisor of required maintenance, assists patrons in the use of machine.
2. Calculates parking duration and the appropriate parking fee. Receives cash payments. Calculates and provides the proper change due. Verifies parking permit validity. Performs fee collection daily cash proofs as required.
3. Inspects the assigned facility for parking space availability, proper vehicle parking, and general cleanliness. Looks for inappropriate customer behavior or other suspicious activity and reports same to the police according to proscribed procedures. Posts and otherwise directs customers to the closest available parking. Removes and appropriately disposes of trash and debris. Observes, appropriately corrects, and reports problems experienced by customers in their use of the parking facility.
4. Cleans and performs light maintenance to parking attendant booths, storage and common service areas including lightbulb replacements, incidental painting, sweeping, shoveling snow from entrances and walkways, and applying deicing chemicals. Advises his/her supervisor of other required facility maintenance e.g., elevator repairs, surface repairs, potential hazards, space striping, and refurbishing stairwells, waiting areas, etc.
5. Performs security patrols by circulating around the garage either using city vehicle and/or on foot to preserve order and protect property.
6. Provide any needed assistance to customers, employees, visitor or the public.
7. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as property damage, theft, personal injury, issues involving police involvement or unusual occurrences.
8. Enforce City’s policies and procedures and warns person of rule infractions or violations.
9. Protect City’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment.
10. Notify Police of the need for their service.
SCOPE OF EXAMINATION:
Competitive Examination which includes a personal interview
Finalist must complete pre-employment screening, drug testing, physical & background check.
APPLY TO: Click Here to apply by email or Click Here to download an application form
City of Portsmouth
Human Resources Office Human Resources Director:
1 Junkins Ave. Dianna Fogarty
Portsmouth, NH 03801 (603) 610-7270
The City of Portsmouth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
DATE POSTED: October 3, 2018 CLOSING DATE: Until Filled