Below is a list of additional Sustainability Initiatives the City is working or has completed
- Our single stream recycling (everything goes into one bin) allows tonnage to be increased, and makes it easier to be picked up
- Pilot cooking oil recycling program, reduces the amount of oil being put down the drain
- The City's fleet of diesel vehicles uses 20% bio diesel in the summer and 5% in the winter
- The Department of Public Works building upgraded lights resulting in a 30% energy savings
- The City upgraded lights at the parking garage lowering electricity use by 30%
- The City is exploring the possibility of upgrading its street lights to LED bulbs to reduce electricity costs and increase nighttime visibility and safety.
- The City has a no idling policy for all city vehicles, decreasing the amount of fumes emitted into the atmosphere