Monthly public meetings with City staff, the Contractor and other officials involved in the project are typically held every third Wednesday each month at 11 a.m. in City Hall's Conference Room A to ensure that citizens are informed; these meetings are broadcasted and available on the City’s YouTube channel, with presentations and notes available at Wastewater Public Meetings.
THE COMING WEEK
(Current Schedule 6/18/2018 - 6/22/2018)
Anticipated Construction Traffic Volume: High
This work this week will include, but not be limited to:
- Continue subgrade preparation and installation of reinforcing steel and concrete for foundations, walls, and elevated slabs at the Solids Building
- Install reinforcing steel, concrete, and masonry for the Biologically Activated Filter Facility floors and walls
- Continued laying up masonry walls in the Biologically Activated Filter Facility
- Install mechanical process piping in the Biologically Activated Filter Facility
- Continue mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and masonry activities in the Grit Building and Grit Chambers
- Install underground process piping throughout the site
- Export excavated materials off site
- Start Date: September 2016
- BAF Substantial Completion: December 2019
- Secondary Permit Compliance: April 2020
- Project Substantial Completion: May 2020
- Final Completion: August 2020
- Project Construction Costs:
- Design Engineer: AECOM
- General Contractor: Methuen Construction
- Design Flow: 6.1 MGD average
- New Treatment Processes:
- New Headworks
- Biologically aerated/anoxic filter (BAF) using the Kruger BioSTYR ™ technology for Secondary Treatment and Nitrogen Removal
- Rotary screw presses for solids dewatering
NEWS & UPDATES
- 04/13/18 - Weekend work to continue periodically at Peirce Island Wastewater Treatment Facility
- 02/2/18 - Weekend work to begin at Peirce Island Wastewater Treatment Facility
- 06/28/17 - Overnight Work on Peirce Island Tonight, June 28th
- 06/1/17 - Upcoming Night Work on Peirce Island
- 05/4/17 - Sewer System Field Work Begins May 8, 2017
- 05/4/17 - Construction of Four Tree Island Parking Occurring Before Pool Season
- 04/28/17 - Revised Concrete Haul Route for Peirce Island Wastewater Treatment Facility Work
- 04/17/17 - Peirce Island WWTF Upgrade Quarterly Update to City Council
- Peirce Island Road Bridge Repairs Resumed 2/15/17
- Notification of SSO due to sewer main break 2/3/17
- 1/17/17 Aerial Video of Construction Site and Staging Areas
RECREATIONAL IMPACT ADVISORY
State Fish Pier: No restrictions – Open
Public Boat Launch: No restrictions. Open seasonally.
Four Tree Island Parking Lot: Open.
Four Tree Island : No restrictions - Open.
Off-leash Dog Area: Closed. No dogs allowed on Peirce Island from the bridge.
Peirce Island Outdoor Pool Access: Currently Unrestricted – Open seasonally.
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 6.20.2018June 20, 2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 6.20.2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 5.16.2018May 16, 2018
Peirce Island Waste Water Treatment Facility Upgrade 5.16.2018