Kindergarten Registration and New Student Enrollment
Kindergarten Registration and New Student Enrollment for the 2020-2021 School Year
How old should my child be to register for Kindergarten?
If your child will be 5 years old on or before September 30, 2020, they will be eligible to register for the 2020-2021 school year. Please register your child by June 1, 2020.
1. Visit Portsmouth Online Registration to launch the online registration system Please note: the online registration system is not supported to work with smartphones at this time)
2. Parents will be prompted at various steps in the registration process to upload several scanned documents (.jpeg, .pdf., png) that will be attached to the registration. Please fill out the data entry questions first if more time is needed to scan the physical papers.
You can save your progress in the registration process and complete it at another time. Please make note of the registration number the system assigns you for re-entry.
3. Documents parents will be asked to upload into the online registration system include:
- A legible copy of the child's birth certificate (please upload this first as it is the most important for district verification purposes)
- Proof of Residency (utility bill, cable/internet, lease agreement, or mortgage statement)
- Current health and immunization records
- Parenting plan or custody agreement (if applicable)
Additional requested documents for new transfer enrollments:
- Copy of student's most recent report card.
- Copy of Current IEP or 504 Plans if applicable to your student.
- National and/or State Testing
- Certain medical documents that require a health provider to complete can be sent to the school nurse later in the summer
- Hard copies of some documents may be requested by the school for verification
- If you are unable to complete all the necessary documentation, please complete as much information as possible and the school will reach out for missing documents.
If you have any questions, need assistance, or run into technical problems filling out the registration, please send an email to Michael Parr (District Database Manager) email@example.com. For Kindergarten questions, please contact the school:
Dondero – Karen Riley (603) 436-2231
New Franklin – Kim Kumph (603) 436-0910
Little Harbour – Joy Workman-Mueller (603) 436-1708
Portsmouth Middle School - Laurel Severson (603) 436-5781
Portsmouth High School - Deb Paul (603) 436-7100
Kindergarten families will receive an email from their school early in the summer outlining the next steps for bringing our newest students aboard.
For information about after-school care provided by the Seacoast Community School, please visit the PEAK (Program for Elementary Age Kids) site.