December 31, 2018
Pro Portsmouth’s First Night takes place on Monday, December 31st from 4 p.m. to midnight, including a fireworks show scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at the South Mill Pond. To facilitate a safe and entertaining First Night, the following traffic and parking changes will occur on December 31st.
Please note the “No Parking” signs will be posted in the below areas; vehicles parking in these posted areas will be towed at the owner’s expense:
- Church Street will be closed to traffic from noon until midnight on December 31st
- Pleasant Street, between State Street and Market Square, will be closed to traffic and parking from 4 p.m. on December 31st until 1 a.m. on January 1st, 2019
- Parking on the entire length of Parrot Avenue is prohibited from noon until 9 p.m. on December 31st
- The dog park near the South Mill Playground will close at noon on December 31st
Additionally that evening, from 3 p.m. to 1 a.m., drivers can:
- Park in the Hanover Parking Garage for a flat fee of $5; or
- Park in the Foundry Place Garage for free.
The free parking shuttle that runs from the Connect Community Church public parking lot on Market to the Hanover Parking Garage will also be in service from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m.