You may deliver your application to the Parking Clerk’s office at 1 Junkins Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801, Monday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday – Thursday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Friday 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
Permit Fee is Fifty Dollars ($50.00). Please make your check or money order payable to City of Portsmouth and mail to Parking Clerk/Loading Permit, 1 Junkins Avenue, Portsmouth, NH 03801.
You may also fax your application to 1‐603‐431‐6362 or you can email the application to: email@example.com and mail in the fee.
For further information please contact the Parking Clerk’s Office at (603) 610‐7229
Rules and Regulations
- The Commercial Loading Zone Permit allows unmarked, non‐commercial vehicles to use Commercial Loading Zones in accordance with Article VI of Chapter 7 of the City of Portsmouth ordinances.
- Only vehicles actually engaged in loading or unloading of product, merchandise or equipment may park in a Commercial Loading Zone.
- Such vehicles may park at the designated locations for a period not to exceed 30 minutes.
- The permit does not allow a vehicle to park in any other manner than expressly authorized in these rules and regulations. The permit does not allow a vehicle to park in violation of Chapter 7, Vehicles, Traffic Parking of the City Ordinances.
- The permit is not a guarantee that space will be available in Commercial Loading Zones.
- The permit is not valid for free parking in metered parking spaces – it is applicable only to Commercial Loading Zones.
- The permit may be obtained from the Parking Clerk after submitting the appropriate application and a $50.00 administrative fee. There is no prorated fee for purchase of a permit at times later in the calendar year.
- The Permit shall be valid for the calendar year (January 1 – December 31) in effect at the time of application.
- The permit is non‐transferable, valid for only one vehicle per application.
- The permit shall be displayed on the dashboard of unmarked, non‐commercial vehicles utilizing commercial loading zones. If the permit is not displayed and the vehicle is cited for a commercial loading zone violation, the vehicle’s registered owner shall be responsible for payment of said violation.
- Use of the permit through misrepresentation (i.e. in a vehicle other than indicated on the permit) subjects the applicant to a fine of $100.00.
- Use of the permit other than at times or manner specifically authorized shall subject the applicant to a fine of $200.00.