Policies & Procedures
Lendable items are available to anyone with a Portsmouth Public Library card. By checking out any of these items, you are:
- Assuming responsibility for any damage, loss or theft while it is checked out to you.
- Assuming responsibility for any injury or accidents to the user while operating the item.
- Assuming responsibility for the entire replacement cost of the item.
Lendable items are checked out under the following conditions:
- The borrower is a Portsmouth Public Library cardholder over the age of 18 with an account in good standing.
- Most items are checked out for one week with no renewals.
- A late fee of $2.00/day will be charged for overdue items.
How to Borrow
- Place items on hold through the Library’s online catalog (https://portsmouth.bywatersolutions.com/) or by calling (603) 427-2540.
- Sign the Loan Agreement when picking up the item, agreeing to the above policies.
- Only return items inside the Library, do not place in bookdrop.