June 21, 2018
Exhibit: Text and Textiles
Portsmouth Public Library
The exhibit entitled "Text and Textiles" represents eleven collaborations between poets invited by Alice B. Fogel, poet laureate of NH and artists from the Women's Caucus for Art, NH Chapter.
The Women's Caucus for Art is a national organization formed in 1972 with the mission to create community through art, education, and social activism. The NH Chapter is one of the most active in the nation with an annual membership of over a hundred member artists from around the state.
The collaborative partnerships were chosen by the poets from among member artists who volunteered for this series of events in September 2017. The term "textiles" is being very loosely applied and the artists involved are free to do work in any medium. Portsmouth Public Library will host this exhibit from June 21 – July 31. An opening reception will be held on July 2, 6 – 8:30 PM and on July 30, 6 – 8:30 PM, artists and poets will talk about their work, the process, collaboration, innovation, and inspiration as a presentation and question and answer session, more of a panel presentation.
Poets and collaborating artists:
- Kyle Potvin: Brenda Wilbert:
- Ala Khaki: Debra Claffey:
- Mark deCarteret: Donna Catanzaro:
- Marnie Cobbs: Kristen Weyrick-Scott:
- S Stephanie: Linda Basha Brookshire:
- Alice Fogel: Mary Cornog:
- Todd Hearon: Maryellen Sakura:
- Emma Breslow: Shawna Gibbs:
- Patrice Pinette: Soosen Dunholter:
- Candace Bergstrom: Susan Rock:
- Henry Walters: Linda Greenwood:
- Kate Dean: Kate Higley: