May 31, 2018
Where Do You Want to Go?
Museum Passes from Portsmouth Public Library
Your library card gives you access to free or discounted entry to 15 museums and a number of historical sites through our Museum Pass program. Each pass is good for a certain date, and can be reserved up to 3 months in advance!
Here’s how to reserve a pass:
- Choose a museum and the date you’d like to visit. Plan ahead!
- Stop by the Reference Desk, call 766-1720, or reserve online at cityofportsmouth.com/library/museum-passes.
- Come to the library to pick up your pass - either the day you are using it or the day before. Be sure to bring your library card.
- If you need to change your plans, please call us!
- Take the pass(es) with you to the museum and present them at the service desk, where you will be admitted for free or for a discounted fee, depending on the museum.
If you are reserving online:
- Click “Check for available passes by museum”.
- Select the museum.
- Select the date by clicking it on the calendar. Red X’s indicate that the pass is not available that day.
- Enter your library card number, then click Reserve Pass. Double check the date!
- Check your email for a confirmation email.
- See Step 3 above!
HISTORIC NEW ENGLAND
- Head to Toe: Hat and Shoe Fashions from Historic New England 6/1 – 2/24/19
- A Life in Color: Two Cultural Makers, Centuries Apart 6/1 – 10/15
- Unrivaled for the Beauty: Paintings from Ogunquit Summer School for Art 6/2 – 9/2
CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
- Anyone Can Grow Food 6/14
- Grown Up Play Date 6/21
- Discovery Camp: Chasing Dinosaurs 7/23 – 7/26
CURRIER MUSEUM OF ART
- Beyond Words: Book Illustrations by David M. Carroll, Tomie dePaola & Beth Krommes 6/19 – 9/9
- Intimate Keepsakes: American Portrait Miniatures, A Gift From Charles A. Gilday through 10/14
NEW HAMPSHIRE HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- Discovering New Hampshire - ongoing
- Making the World Safe for Democracy: Posters of the Great War in New Hampshire through 10/27
- White Mountains in the Parlor: The Art of Bringing Nature Indoors – new long-term exhibit
SEACOAST SCIENCE CENTER
- World Ocean Day Family Festival 6/10
- Sippin’ for Seals dining & dancing 6/14
- H2O Today exhibit opening 6/10
STRAWBERY BANKE MUSEUM
- Free admission for NH residents (ID needed) 6/17
- 16th Annual American Celebration 7/1, 7/3, 7/4
PEABODY ESSEX MUSEUM
- T.C. Cannon: At the Edge of America through 6/10
- Japanomania! Japanese Art Goes Global through 12/30
- MegaCity: India's Culture of the Streets through 12/30
- Importing Splendor: Luxuries from China through 12/30
- Double Happiness: Celebration in Chinese Art through 12/30
- Raven's Many Gifts: Native Art of the Northwest Coast through 12/30
INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART
- Kevin Beasley through 8/26
- Caitlin Keough: Blank Melody through 8/26
- Wangechi Mutu: A Promise to Communicate through 12/31
- ICA Harbor Market 6/2
BOSTON CHILDREN’S MUSEUM
- Superhero Weekend 6/16-17
- Free Fun Friday 7/6
ISABELLA STEWART GARDNER MUSEUM
- Isabella’s Relics through 9/3
- Life, Death, & Revelry 6/14 – 9/3
- Judith Barry through 6/26
- Teen Takeover 6/13
MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS
- Unexpected Families through 6/24/18
- Mark Rothko: Reflection through 9/3/18
- Community Arts Initiative: Endless Feast through 10/14
- Collecting Stories: Native American Art through 3/10/19
- Past Is Present: Revival Jewelry through 8/19
- Juneteenth 6/20
MUSEUM OF SCIENCE
- Crocs: Ancient Predators in a Modern World through 9/3
- Defeating Disease
- Dora & Diego: Let’s Explore through 7/4
- Space: an Out of Gravity Experience begins 6/23
NEW ENGLAND AQUARIUM
Library pass not available from July 1 through Labor Day!
- Pandas 3D at the IMAX theater
- World Oceans Day 6/10, 11 am
- Right Whales, Right Gear: Finding New Ways to Fish that Avoid Entanglements 6/19, 7 pm
- Are Sharks Smart? 6/21, 7 pm
CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF MAINE
- 2018 Summer Camps in June, July, August
PORTLAND MUSEUM OF ART
- Under Pressure: Art from the 1980s through 8/12
- The Robbers: German Art in a Time of Crisis through 7/15
- The 2018 Portland Museum of Art Biennial through 6/3
- Clarence H. White and His World 7/22 – 9/16
OGUNQUIT MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART
- Steve Hawley: Studio Light through 7/4
- Surrounded: Sampling Burchfield’s Wallpaper through 7/8
- This Side of Paradise: American Artists of the Paris Salon through 10/31
- The View from Narrow Cove through 10/31
- Art in Bloom 6/22 – 6/24
- Garden Party 6/24