June 5, 2019
Where Do You Want to Go?
Museum Passes from Portsmouth Public Library
Your library card gives you access to free or discounted entry to 15 museums and a number of historical sites through our Museum Pass program. Each pass is good for a certain date, and can be reserved up to 3 months in advance!
Here’s how to reserve a pass:
- Choose a museum and the date you’d like to visit. Plan ahead!
- Stop by the Reference Desk, call 766-1720, or reserve online at cityofportsmouth.com/library/museum-passes.
- Come to the library to pick up your pass - either the day you are using it or the day before. Be sure to bring your library card.
- If you need to change your plans, please call us!
- Take the pass(es) with you to the museum and present them at the service desk, where you will be admitted for free or for a discounted fee, depending on the museum.
If you are reserving online:
- Click “Check for available passes by museum”.
- Select the museum.
- Select the date by clicking it on the calendar. Red X’s indicate that the pass is not available that day.
- Enter your library card number, then click Reserve Pass. Double check the date!
- Check your email for a confirmation email.
- See Step 3 above!
HISTORIC NEW ENGLAND.
- Hundreds of events at various locations!
CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF NEW HAMPSHIRE.
- Anyone Can Grow Food 6/27, 7/11, 7/25, etc
- NH Maker & Food Fest 6/29
- 4 Day Discovery Camp 7/22 – 25
CURRIER MUSEUM OF ART.
- Bill Viola: The Raft 6/8 – 9/8
- Medieval to Metal: the Art & Evolution of the Guitar 6/29 – 9/22
- Summer Intensives Mondays 6/24 – 8/19
MCAULIFFE-SHEPARD DISCOVERY CENTER.
- Coding, and Programming, and Robots… Oh Yes! 6/24 – 6/28
- Engineering Expedition 7/15 – 7/19
- To the Moon Exhibit opens 7/20
NEW HAMPSHIRE HISTORICAL SOCIETY.
- Guided Gallery Tour 6/21
- Tales of New Hampshire Family Storytime Tuesdays 6/25 – 7/30
SEACOAST SCIENCE CENTER.
- Sippin’ for Seals dining & dancing 6/13
- Nature @ Night: Evening Tide Pooling 7/16
- Night at the Museum 8/9
SEE SCIENCE CENTER.
- Camp Summer Science 7/15 – 19 and 7/22 – 7/26
- Movie Making Camp 7/29 – 8/2
STRAWBERY BANKE MUSEUM.
- New Hampshire's 231st Birthday 6/21
- American Lives: Timeline of American History 6/29
- Garden Herbs 7/27
- Beer, Music, & History 6/9
BOSTON CHILDREN’S MUSEUM.
- Superhero Weekend 6/15-16
- STEAM Family Workshops – various dates
- Free Fun Friday 7/19
INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART.
- DJ Night: Soulelujah at the ICA 7/12
- After Hours with the Curator: Less Is a Bore: Maximalist Art & Design 7/16
- Free Fun Friday 8/23
ISABELLA STEWART GARDNER MUSEUM.
- Street Theory Underground Mural Project Launch 6/15
- Neighborhood Nights 7/11
- Big Plans: Picturing Social Reform 6/20 – 9/15
MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS.
- Juneteenth 6/19
- Free Fun Friday 7/12
- Toulouse-Lautrec and the Stars of Paris through 8/4
- Gender-Bending Fashion through 8/25
MUSEUM OF SCIENCE.
- Body Worlds & the Cycle of Life opens 6/16
- Coleslaw's Corner: Year One Extravaganza! 8/29
- Medusa: Reclaiming the Myth 6/27, 7/25, 8/22
NEW ENGLAND AQUARIUM.
- Life According to Fur Seals – ongoing
- World Oceans Day 6/9
- 50th Anniversary Celebration 6/20
- Beach Cleanup 6/22
PEABODY ESSEX MUSEUM.
- Wild Designs through 8/4
- Japanomania! Japanese Art Goes Global through 1/3/21
- The Pod through 3/1/21
CHILDREN’S MUSEUM OF MAINE.
- Various 2019 Summer Camps in June, July, August
- Rainbow Day 6/15
OGUNQUIT MUSEUM OF AMERICAN ART.
- Subject Matters: Sebastian Martorana in Sculpture 7/18 – 10/31
- The Garden Party 6/23
- Modern Movement: Figurative Works by Arthur Bowen Davies through 7/11
- Art by the Sea Gala & Auction 8/17
PORTLAND MUSEUM OF ART.
- Pride Portland at the PMA 6/15
- David E. Shaw and Family Sculpture Park opens 6/7
- In the Vanguard: Haystack Mountain School of Crafts through 9/8
- The Expansion of Cubism, 1911-1920 6/28 – 10/6