January 4, 2019
Community Art & Community Read
3S Artspace and Portsmouth Public Library invite you to join us for our first Community Read and Community Art project! During the month of January, participants are invited to read Rebecca Solnit’s A Field Guide to Getting Lost and respond through creation of 2D artwork.
- READ A FIELD GUIDE TO GETTING LOST: January 1-28
- CREATE ART: January 1-28
- FIND CREATION INSPIRATION: January 19, visit the Portsmouth Public Library for a Drop In Art morning with various drawing supplies and prompts from the book.
- DROP OFF ONE ART PIECE at 3S Artspace: January 29 & 30, during Box Office Hours (10 AM – 6 PM)
- Artists’ Opening Reception for both the Community Art and Wayfaring Stranger: Friday, February 1, from 5-8 PM. Free and open to the public.
- Exhibition Dates for both Community Art and Wayfaring Stranger: February 1 - 24