June 30, 2020
The new fiscal year for the City budget brings some changes to fees charged to residents. There are also some adjustments in parking to announce. First, the following changes in fees were adopted by the City Council:
- Hourly rate increases from $1.75/hour to $2/hour.
- Sunday parking for residents increases to $5 for the day. Sunday parking is free to residents at Foundry Place Garage.
- Monthly parking fee for non-residents increases from $225 to $275. There is NO change in the resident fee.
Foundry Place Garage:
- Special event rate decreases from $5 flat rate to a $3 flat rate.
- Employee parking is now available for $3 per use with a maximum of 20 uses per month.
Parking Spaces Reserved for Outdoor Dining
The Citizen Response Task Force continues to work with the City to create outdoor dining zones, using parking spaces in Worth Lot and some locations on City streets. So far, those locations include:
- Partial closure of Pleasant Street between Court and State Streets, reducing traffic to one-lane of outbound traffic.
- Reserving 10 parking spaces at the end of Worth Lot, closest to the Congress Street-side buildings.
- Partial closure of Market Street in front of Commercial Alley and in front of Portsmouth Brewery. No changes in the traffic flow.
- Partial closure of Penhallow Street, eliminating parking between State and Daniel. No changes in the traffic flow.
Connect Community Church Parking Lot
Finally, due to very limited use, the City is discontinuing its parking arrangements with Connect Community Church and is eliminating the bus stop there. An electronic message board is in place to alert drivers to the change. For public parking, patrons are encouraged to use the Foundry Place Garage.
For information and maps of parking locations in Portsmouth, visit the City’s webpage,