October 18, 2022
The Portsmouth Halloween Parade steps out again from Four Tree Island at 7 pm on Monday, October 31, 2022. Please note that the Halloween parade is not a City event.
On Monday, October 31, 2022, Chief of Police Mark Newport will be invoking his emergency powers, prohibiting parking and vehicular travel on certain streets in the City due to the Portsmouth Halloween Parade. On-street parking is banned along the parade route from Marcy Street – Daniel Street to Market Square, and continuing along Congress to Fleet, to State Street and back to the start. The parking ban will last from 5 pm to 10 pm and the street closures from 6 pm to 10 pm.
Residents, business owners and employers located inside the parade route are advised that vehicles will not be permitted to cross the parade route except in an emergency. It is required that all parked vehicles be moved outside the parade route prior to 5 pm. Other areas in and around the event will be restricted. Police Officers, event volunteers, signs and/or barricades will be in place for these areas.
ALL VEHICLES IN VIOLATION OF THE “NO PARKING” AREAS AS OF 5 PM WILL BE TOWED AT THE OWNER’S EXPENSE TO THE LOWER LOT OF CITY HALL
ROAD CLOSURES & DETOURS
The following streets are some that will be closed or restricted to local traffic only. Police Officers, signs and/or barricades will be in place for these streets:
- Marcy Street – from Hancock Street to State Street and under the bridge to Daniel Street
- Daniel Street – from Bow Street to Market Square
- Bow Street – most of Bow, from Daniel to Market Street will be closed during the parade
- Market Street – from Hanover Street to Market Square
- Fleet Street – from Hanover Street to Congress Street and State Street to Congress Street
- Congress Street – from Market Street to Fleet
- Pleasant Street – from Court Street to Market Square
- State Street – from Fleet Street to Marcy Street
- Porter Street – from Fleet Street to Pleasant Street
There will be significant traffic delays in the parade route area as it passes and motorists are strongly urged to seek alternate routes away from affected streets.
- Foundry Place Garage (SPECIAL $3 flat fee from 5pm to 10 pm.)
- High/Hanover Street, Worth Lot, Bridge Street Lot – normal rates
For more information about the Portsmouth Halloween Parade, visit: https://www.portsmouthhalloweenparade.org/