June 30, 2022
City Hall closed from 1 pm on Fri Jul 1 to 8 am Tues Jul 5
Portsmouth Public Library closed Mon Jul 4
- Reminder about no parking on streets around the Library -- for fireworks display safety, vehicles will be towed from the South Mill Pond playground parking lot on Junkins Avenue beginning at 10 am on July 3rd. Beginning at noon on July 3rd, vehicles parked on Parrott Avenue between Richards Avenue to Junkins Avenue will be towed. The tennis courts/basketball courts/playground areas and baseball areas will be closed as of 6 am on Sunday, July 3.
Trash Collection -- No pickup on Monday, trash collection on Tues Jul 5. No yard waste pickup on Mon or Tues. (Recycling Center is closed on Monday, as usual.)
Recreation Department -- Outdoor pool is open daily.
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: Adult Lap Swim 12 noon-12:55 pm, Open Swim 1:00-5:15pm.
- Tuesday/Thursday: Adult Lap Swim 12 noon-12:55 pm, Open Swim 1:00-6:15pm.
- Saturday/Sunday: Open Swim 11 am-5:15 pm.
- Lifeguard Breaks daily at 2:30 and 4 pm, seven days a week.