You can reach technical support between 7 AM and 5 PM (EST) Monday through Friday in one of two ways:
Call: (603) 610-7276
After 4:30 pm each day, or if onsite IT personnel are not available to take your call, your call with automatically roll over to Neoscope’s support desk which is open until 5pm Monday through Friday. Critical issues are always handled 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so please make sure to leave a message with Neoscope if a support representative is unavailable.
If your request is URGENT, please note this in the title of your request. All requests are prioritized and tracked in the ticketing system.
IT support services maintains a 2nd floor office in City Hall, across from the Welfare office.
Workstation, Server and Network Maintenance
The City of Portsmouth benefits from centralized monitoring, management and maintenance of your network environment. These proactive measures ensure that your workstations and servers remain in the best possible working condition. In order for our engineers to perform the maintenance required, there are a few procedures you should be aware of:
- Workstation maintenance
- The City of Portsmouth is performed evenings between the hours of 11 PM and 6 AM every Saturday and Sunday.
- Remote Monitoring and Control Software
- Support staff to can remotely connect to your PC and assist you with technical problems. You will be notified by an on-screen pop up any time anyone connects to your computer. Support representatives will always ask for your permissions before connecting.
- Leaving Computers Powered On at Night
- It is now safe to leave your computers turned on a night to allow maintenance and other tasks during nighttime hours.
The maintenance tasks are scheduled overnight to minimize impact on business operations during the workday. This means, however, that when you leave the office each day, you should take the following steps:
- Save all Work Before Leaving Work
- Maintenance tasks often require a reboot of Workstations and servers any work that isn’t saved will be lost. Save all your work to your networked folder (not the “c” drive!)
- Close all Running Applications – including Microsoft Outlook
- Your Windows taskbar should be empty, showing no running programs.
- Leave your Desktop / Laptop running and connected to the network
- Our team is unable to perform scheduled maintenance if the workstation is powered off or sleeping. The practice of either logging off or “locking” your workstation (shortcut: windows key-L ) when you leave for the day is encouraged and will not interfere with these maintenance tasks.
Return to Information Technology Homepage