Zoning Enforcement Information
The responsibility of the Zoning Officer is to ensure compliance of the Zoning Ordinance while preserving the rights of all of the citizens; to treat all citizens with respect; to assist with any concerns you may have relating to the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Portsmouth.
How do you contact the Zoning Officer?
There are several ways to register your concern with the City.
1) Click Here to Email
2) Write to Zoning Officer, City of Portsmouth, 1 Junkins Ave. Portsmouth, NH 03801.
3) Come visit me in the Legal Department at the City Hall, (call first to make sure I'll be there)
4) Call with your concern 610-7279. If I am not in leave a voice mail message with your name and telephone number. I will call you back as soon as possible.
What do you need to know?
If you have a Zoning Ordinance concern please include;
1) The property address
2) A brief description of the property. (red brick building, blue Victorian etc.)
3) What you believe to be non-compliant, and as much information that relates to your concern.
4) How you can be contacted if more information is needed.
What happens after You Contact the Zoning Officer?
Once you have relayed your concern to this office, the wheels are set into motion to investigate and if necessary, take action to resolve the concern. Please do not call other departments with the same concern, that will bring confusion, waste resources, and slow the whole process. While most concerns become compliant quickly, others may require litigation from the courts and that takes a little longer, please be patient!
For General Zoning Information
Contact the Planning Department at (603) 610 - 7216
Click Here for Zoning Questions and Planning Department Website
For Zoning Enforcement Contact:
Zoning Officer: Jason C. Page
Address: 1 Junkins Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Phone: (603) 610-7279
Fax: (603) 427-1577