SNOW EMERGENCY IS DECLARED Effective 2:00 PM FRIDAY Febraury 5, 2016 with the EXCEPTION OF THE DOWNTOWN GEOGRAPHICAL AREA
DATE: FRIDAY Febraury 5, 2016
POSTED: 12:30 PM
EFFECTIVE: 2:00 PM
Due to the current winter weather conditions the Portsmouth Public Works Department has DECLARED A SNOW EMERGENCY PARKING BAN effective FRIDAY Febraury 5, 2016 at 2:00 PM for the City of Portsmouth. THE DOWNTOWN GEOGRAPHICAL AREA PARKING BAN WILL GO INTO EFFECT AT 1:00 AM, SATURDAY Febraury 6, 2016. Because of the current weather conditions, no vehicle shall be parked on any City street during the emergency to provide access for plow operations and emergency vehicles. Violators will be ticketed and towed. Public Works will issue a termination to the Snow Emergency once the winter storm has stopped and the streets are cleared.
PARKING BAN FOR THE FOLLOWING DOWNTOWN GEOGRAPHICAL AREA WILL GO INTO EFFECT AT 1:00 AM SATURDAY Febraury 6, 2016
The Downtown Geographical Area is bounded by Deer Street on the north; Market, Bow and Marcy Streets on the east; Court Street on the South; and Middle, Maplewood and Bridge Streets on the West. This area includes State Street (Middle to Marcy), Chestnut Street, Porter Street, Fleet Street, Court Place, Church Street, Pleasant Street (Court to Congress), Penhallow Street, Custom House Court, Sheafe Street, Chapel Street, Daniel Street, Congress Street, Market Street (Congress to Deer), Ladd Street, High Street and Hanover Street (Bridge to Market). Islington Street (from Maplewood Ave to Brewster Street). However, should storm conditions intensify, the snow emergency parking ban may be declared for this geographical area as well.
Portsmouth residents may park at the Hanover Garage during the declared parking ban and up to two hours after the ban has been terminated for $3. To qualify for the $3 per event rate residents shall show a valid driver’s license or vehicle registration with a valid Portsmouth address. For additional information contact: Public Works Department 427-1530 Or Snow Phone 766-7669 (SNO-SNOW) Your cooperation is appreciated.
- When a SNOW EMERGENCY is declared, no vehicle shall be parked on any City street during the emergency.
- Once a Snowban is declared the following Parking Lots are Available During Snowstorms
- City residents may park in the High-Hanover Parking Facility for $3 during snow emergencies and snow removals. All residents need to do is present a valid driver's license or vehicle registration with a Portsmouth address to the booth attendant on exiting the parking garage. Vehicles may be parked at the facility up from a declared parking ban advanced notice until two hours after its official conclusion.
- The parking lots illustrated in the map below are also available for parking during snowstorms.
- Red highligted area is the Downtown Area.