Senior Coordinator Information
Brinn Chute, Senior Services Coordinator, Tel: (603) 610 - 4433, email: email@example.com
Blue Ribbon Senior Committee Report
In July of 2013, Mayor Eric Spear created a Blue Ribbon Senior Committee with the charge to advise the City Council on developing a Senior Center. The Senior Committee met eight times from August through December 2013 and developed a report and recommendations for the City Council for further review. To view the report and more information, please click here.
Senior Transportation Program
Updated information on the Senior Transportation Program, a collaboration between the City of Portsmouth and the Mark Wentworth Home.
Senior Transportation Information (pdf)
Recreation Department Senior Services Information
The Portsmouth Recreation Department is pleased to provide seniors with premiere leisure activities and resources. Our goal is to keep seniors fit and active. Below you will find great membership discount rates for seniors within the recreation department and other resources on senior services.
Recreation Department Rates
Senior Services Events
Portsmouth Public Pool
Daily Visit (Age 60+): $3.00 (Resident) $5.00 (Non-Resident)
Monthly Membership (Age 60+): $20.00 (Resident) $25.00 (Non-Resident)
Annual Membership (Age 60+): $108.00*
Monthly Membership (Age 60+): $9.00
Monthly Membership (Non-Resident) (Age 60+): $18.00
*See full rate chart in the Recreation Department program brochure.
Diabetic Shoes & Back Brace Clinic
Tuesday, March 11 from 10:00am-noon (before the senior luncheon) @Community Campus
- Diabetic Shoes: In an effort to prevent diabetic complications, all diabetics on Medicare Part B are entitled to a new pair of shoes and inserts once per calendar year. Diabetic shoes offer rocker soles, extra depth/width to help alleviate pressure on swollen feet, bunions, & hammertoes, are supportive & lightweight as well as have heat molded inserts for a personalized fit.
- Back Brace: Anyone with lower back pain on Medicare Part B is eligible for a back brace once every 5 years.
visit www.drcomfort.com or call Amy Baxter at Ace Medical Supply at 603-944-1311.
Senior Fraud Prevention Workshop - FREE
Fri, February 28 at 11:00am @ Portsmouth Library/Levenson
Join AARP, ServiceLink and the Portsmouth Police as they share with you advice that will help you learn how to spot fraud and important tips on how you can protect yourself from getting scammed. There are many types of fraud including Medicare, telemarketing, internet, charity scams, the "Grandparent" scam, investment schemes and reverse mortgage scams. Inform and protect yourself. Everyone welcome. No RSVP needed. Just show up.
Senior Game Time
Diversions Puzzles & Games
FREE Every Wednesday from 1:00-3:00pm at their store at 123 Congress Street.
Time set aside for the senior crowd to enjoy any game of their choosing - cribbage, cards, puzzles, etc. Try any of our demo games or bring your own. For more information, contact Laura Keith, Store Manager, 603.766.6220 www.diversionsgames.com
Free Movie Schedule
- February 13 - The Butler starring Forrest Whittaker and Oprah Winfrey
- February 27 - Captain Phillips starring Tom Hanks
- March Movie Madness – 13, 20 & 27th
- February 28 at 7pm - Portsmouth Short Film Night. Free event for independent filmmakers to screen and discuss their work. 280 Marcy Street, Portsmouth
Kittery Community Center/Star Theatre:
- Feb 27 at 12:30pm: Lincoln (ages 55+)
- February 5, 12, 19, 26 at 1:00pm
Feb 5 - The Butler; Feb 12 - Walk on the Moon (1999, R); Feb 19 - Blue Jasmine; Feb 26 - Kon-Tiki
- March Movies - Wednesdays at 1:00pm
Senior Luncheons at 12:00pm
Soup, salad, sandwich & dessert
@ Community Campus
- 2nd Tuesday of the month: Feb 11 Mar 11
- 4th Thurs of the month: Feb 27 Mar 27
PLEASE NOTE: The price for lunch has increased to $5.
RSVP by calling 422-8208 x333
Start arriving as early as 10:30am to chat