The Engineering Division is responsible for design and implementation of a variety of capital projects, such as road improvements, water and sewer improvements and repairs, and municipal building improvements.
In addition, the Division also reviews site and subdivision plans of new and proposed projects, and provides technical support to other City Departments.
The Highway Division performs the following functions:
Parking and Transportation
- Maintains all City streets and sidewalks.
- Maintains municipal parks, playgrounds and recreation facilities.
- Maintains all municipal buildings.
- Maintains the City vehicle and equipment fleet.
- Performs snow removal operations.
Parking & Transportation is responsible
for downtown public parking facilities; parking and
traffic studies; operation, maintenance, collection and
civilian enforcement of electronic parking meters; and
also works with the Highway group on traffic issues.
The Sewer Division performs the following functions in the areas of
Portsmouth and Pease:
- Maintains/Installs New Sewer Mains
- Performs Catch Basin Cleaning
The Water Division performs the following functions that includes the areas of Portsmouth, Newington, Rye, New Castle, Madbury and Pease:
return to Public Works