When can I visit Peirce Island?
The park is open for fishing and boat launching 24 hours a day year round. (Fishing permits are available at the Portsmouth Police Department)
For ALL OTHER ACTIVITIES, the park hours are:
- Sunrise to 11pm from June 1st to October 1st
- Sunrise to 7pm from October 2nd to May 31st
Can I bring my dog to Peirce Island?
- Dogs are permitted in the park in designated leash areas.
- No dogs are allowed at the public pool, playground areas or Four Tree Island.
- All dogs in the off-leash area must be trained to respond to voice commands per city ordinance.
- Owners are responsible for the removal and disposal of all dog waste.
Is there a place to park my car?
- Parking is allowed in designated parking lots only.
- Parking in the boat launch area is for boaters only, unless otherwise noted.
- Parking violaters are subject to towing at owner's expense
Can I use the boat launch?
Yes, please adhere to boat launching fees and regulations. more information