Public Service Agency Programs:
Public Service Agency Grant Program
Each winter, this competitive grant program makes available grants for operating costs to non-profit public service agencies which assist people who earn low or moderate incomes as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Public service agencies must have a 501(c)(3) tax-exemption status.
- At least 51% of the individuals and/or families assisted by the program funded must earn low or moderate incomes as defined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- The cost of labor, supplies, and/or materials required for the provision of services to agency clientele are eligible expenses. Grant funds may not be used for political activities or payments to individuals or families for food, clothing, rent, or utilities.
- Grants from $3,000 to $10,000 are available to eligible agencies.
- Grants are provided on a reimbursement basis for expenses incurred during the fiscal year beginning July 1 and extending through June 30 of the next calendar year
- Interested agencies are encouraged to call David Moore, Community Development Director, to find out when applications will be made available for the next fiscal year of funding.
- This is a competitive grant process. All applications are reviewed by the Citizens Advisory Committee which makes funding recommendations to the Portsmouth City Manager.
For More Information:
- Contact Elise Annunziata, Community Development Coordinator, Tel: (603) 610-7281