City Clerk's Office
Portsmouth Board and Commission Vacancies
The following is a listing of vacancies for various Boards and Commissions. If you are interested in applying for a Board or Commission, please complete an application and submit it to the City Clerk’s Office.
If you have any questions, please contact the Mayor’s Office or the Office of the City Clerk.
- 1 Alternate Member to the Building Code Board of Appeals – The vacancy to be filled would need to be (1) a mechanical engineer or master plumber and (2) electrical engineer or master electrician
- 2 Members to the Cable Television & Communications Commission
- 1 Alternate Member to the Cable Television & Communications Commission
- 1 Member to the Citywide Neighborhood Steering Committee
- 1 Alternate Member to the Conservation Commission
- 2 Members to the Peirce Island Committee
- 1 Member to the Portsmouth Economic Loan Development Program Board (PEDLP)
- 2 Members to the Recreation Board
- 2 Members of the Taxi Commission
- 1 Member to the Taxi Commission (must be an employee/owner of Taxi Company)
- 1 Alternate member to the Zoning Board of Adjustment
Click here to download the Boards and Commissions Application Form
If you are interested in any of the above vacant positions, please fill out an
application form and mail it in to:
Portsmouth City Hall
Attention: Mayor's Office
1 Junkins Ave
For further information please contact the City Clerk's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (603) 610 7245.